THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Garden Bees

I got the camera back yesterday after missing it for a few weeks. I had to go out this morning and find some bees in the garden that would pose for some pictures.

This first photo is one of the bees pollinating our yellow squash.


This next photo shows a bee collecting nectar from one of the many clover blossoms in our lawn.



This next set contains photos of the hollyhocks. They are a good source of pollen- they produce a ton of it. But I think the bees use them as a nectar source as well.









These last two are photos of a bee as it was pollinating our cantaloupe vines.



The cucumbers do have blossoms but I could not find any bees on them this morning. We also have some sunflowers at one end of the garden. I am sure we will have some pictures of them later on this summer.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...