THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, September 6, 2010

Honey Harvest- Final Numbers

Final numbers for honey harvest 2010 (drum roll, please)...... 170 pounds and just under 15 gallons! Not bad. Add in the 2.5 gallons we extracted earlier in the summer and we got about 16 gallons for the year.


I just finished filtering the last of it this morning. I have to thanks Chris for letting me take over her kitchen for the last 2 1/2 days. Now it is time to clean up, process wax, and bottle the honey.

I will post again later with more details and some photos.

2 comments:

ZZom said...

That is awesome!! I think I am hoping in vain for just a small taste of the sweet stuff this year. What will you do with all of it??

Robertson Family said...

I think we will bottle it up in pint and 1/2 pint jars and sell it. Last year we sold it all pretty quickly just by word of mouth. We can also take it to farmers' markets if we need to.

Good luck with your own!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...